Microsoft announced that they'll add a new Azure region in Australia. It will consist of two sub-regions located in New South Wales and Victoria. Yes mate!
Here's a nice one day only offer from O'Reilly: save 50% on all ebooks. Valid only today, May 3 2013.
This Windows Phone commercial is simply awesome!
ScottGu announced yesterday the release of Windows Azure SDK 2.0 for .NET. What's new? Tons of stuff!
- Web Sites: Visual Studio Tooling updates for Publishing, Management, and for Diagnostics
- Cloud Services: Support for new high memory VM sizes, Faster Cloud Service publishing & Visual Studio Tooling for configuring and viewing diagnostics data
- Storage: Storage Client 2.0 is now included in new projects & Visual Studio Server Explorer now supports working with Storage Tables
- Service Bus: Updated client library with message pump programming model support, support for browsing messages, and auto-deleting idle messaging entities
- PowerShell Automation: Updated support for PowerShell 3.0, and lots of new PowerShell commands for automating Web Sites, Cloud Services, VMs and more.
Check Scott's blog for all the details.
With all the recent Azure announcements, I need to catch my breath
We had a great time here in Montreal organizing and speaking at the Global Windows Azure Bootcamp. Even with the first warm and beautiful Saturday of the season, we had around 40 attendees. Thanks to François Boucher, Alexandre Brisebois and Pascal Laurin who helped me organizing and presenting.
Wow! Just a week after announcing general availability of Azure Virtual Machines, ScottGu announced new IaaS features:
- Point-To-Site connectivity
- Software VPN support
- Dynamic DNS support
Microsoft uncool? How about: Microsoft, at the forefront of design!
Here's a nice NY Times article on the flattening of design. Even Apple is following with a flat design in iOS 7! Sure that the Apple fans will say that Apple is leading a revolution in design
I'm a little late posting this but ScottGu recently announced that Azure Virtual Machines and the IaaS services have reach RTM. As a bonus, Paas and IaaS prices has been reduced.
If you're looking at implementing Agile with Team Foundation Server, you may find that most technical training is targeted at developers but what about managers? They play a key role in Agile. Mario Cardinal has created a one day course targeted at technical managers who want to implement Agile with TFS. The French course will take place in April 2013 in Montreal and Quebec City.
More info here