I got bitten by a bug trying to install the latest version of the Cloud Explorer for Visual Studio 2017.
Here's how to fix this:
- Click on the View Install log link to open the installer's log file
- Open the file in Notepad and search for CloudExplorer
- Locate the line that says failed to install
- You'll have a message saying: The file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\vpmthc1o.kz1\azure.cs.resjson' already exists.
- Locate the folder where that file is located (note that it may have a different name on your machine)
- Delete that folder (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\vpmthc1o.kz1)
- Launch VS and select the Tools/Extensions and Updates... menu
- Click Online and search for the Cloud Explorer
- Start the installation